Marvel’s Doctor Strange hits the big screen

Story by Anastasia Ivanova, Entertainment Editor

Doctor Strange is based on Steve Ditko’s comics with the synonymous title. It is a new masterpiece of Marvel Production that will hit the big screen on November 4th. And of the most anticipated movies of 2016. It’s going to be Marvel’s fourteenth movie and introduce another superhero to that is sure steal the audience’s hearts.

The plot exposes the story of Stephen Strange, the world’s top neurosurgeon. This changes when he gets involved in a car accident. After recovery, he realizes that he can’t practice as a neurosurgeon anymore. Shortly after, he learns of Jonathan Pangborn, a man who had his lower body paralyzed, but now is able to walk again. After finding and speaking to Pangborn about his mysterious cure, Strange heads to Kamar-Taj to seek out an ancient one. There Dr. Strange begins his treatment, however, his stay doesn’t end there. Soon Stephen finds out about the world of magic that turns everything he knew upside down. In the comics, Doctor Strange (also known as Stephen Vincent Strange), is one of the most powerful sorcerers in existence. In the movie, he must choose between returning back to his normal life, with status and fortune, or leave everything he knew behind and become a guardian of the world.

Marvel couldn’t have chosen a better actor for the leading role Benedict Cumberbatch, is known best for his role in Sherlock where he plays Sherlock Holmes. Naturally, Sherlock is a bit strange, but as genius and as narrow-minded as one could be. His character in Sherlock relates to his new debut as Doctor Strange. This marvel character is narrow-minded as well, plus he is a genius and saves thousands of lives. However his selfish and cold, self-centered nature was the cost of his money and fame. The cast also includes Chiwete Ejifor as Karl Mordo, another student of the Ancient One; Rachel McAdams as Christine Palmer, a fellow surgeon of Strange; and Benedict Wong as Wong, who is in the role of the Masters of Mystic Arts.

There are also rumors that Doctor Strange might collaborate with Thor in near future. If these rumors actually hold true, then this crossover promises to be epic. So far, the audience has a trailer that promises humor, drama, action and of course, a superhero that is ready to help those who are in need. This movie captured people’s attention with a new, fresh idea from Marvel Production, and leaves fans of Marvel comics and action movies holding their breath in anticipation.

aivanova.pawprint@gmail.com