Far From Pointless

Story by Valeria Munoz, Staff Writer

After hitting 5,380,000 subscribers on his YouTube Channel and having traveling to places such as Dubai and Italy, twenty one year old British YouTuber, Alfred Deyes has achieved popularity among young adults and teenagers. However, he hasn’t let all this fame go to his head -he has recently released a spinoff book named The Pointless Book       

Similar to Wreck This Journal, Deyes incorporates challenges that don’t include the computer, such as baking a cake in a mug and MASH. Although, the book is a definite change from Deyes’ online interaction with his fans, it doesn’t completely stray from his niche in the world of social media. The Pointless Book incorporates Twitter with several pages dedicated to random tweets, and even has an app under the same name where the reader can see Deyes’ response to his own challenges.  The app works by having the reader scan on a page with a smartphone icon on it, and then showing a picture of Deyes’ drawing or answers will appear on your iPhone screen.

After 8,000 screaming fans crowded around the entrance of the Waterstone Bookstore in Piccadilly Circus, London, Deyes had to postpone The Pointless Book Tour; since the bookstore wasn’t equipped to handle such a large amount of people! In fact, for his book signing at a Barnes & Noble in New York City on Friday, October 24, 2014, all of those attending received a wristband with purchase of the book. Although, Deyes was preoccupied of his fans reaction to the book since it was something “different” it is clear he had nothing to worry about regarding his switch from online to print entertainment.

vmunoz.pawprint@gmail.com

About the Writer
Valeria Munoz, Editor in Chief
Valeria Munoz is a senior at Boca High and is currently on The Paw Print staff as editor in chief. She joined the staff her sophomore year and has since attended Florida Scholastic Press Association and National Scholastic Press Association conventions. She won honorable mention for her article “New statue to be installed in memory of...