How The Paw Print Began

In 1963 the Paw Print assembled, though it didn’t hold its friendly name, but instead The Predator. Forty-four years later, in 2007, Mrs. Spitaletto began working out the pervious flaws of The Predator. Newspaper class welcomes liable students, an application in hand, ready to view their first byline; name printed in black ink right above the two words resembling step one: Staff writer.

Since the Paw Print is a student run newspaper, the students must be responsible and able to stay on task. Each staff writer is assigned a topic on Monday then due on Friday. Then on the following Wednesday the editing is done.

“In newspaper we work together…the kids make the decisions,” says Mrs. Spitaletto. In order to print enough newspapers for the school, it costs one thousand dollars.  After getting the opportunity to interview both the advisor and editor in chief, the audience can see it is worth it.

Besides the hard work and effort put forth to submit the newspaper in on time the class still has fun. “We kind of have fun every day,” says Mrs. Spitaletto. Many students favorite issue of the Paw Print is the satire issue for April Fool’s Day, which is a comedic issue with sarcasm and jokes… still fooling many students though.

The Paw Print gives the students a chance for their voice to be heard. This publication is and always has been a positive addition to Boca Raton Community High School, home of the Bobcats.

[email protected]