Teach Yourself To Dance!

Story by Valeria Munoz, Staff Writer

If you want to learn how to dance but don’t have the time or the budget to try out different dance studios then have no fear YouTube is here! You may be surprised to find that advanced choreographers would post a step by step tutorial of their choreography online for free…I know I was. However, there are full classes uploaded… all you need to know is where to look. Season six ABDC champion and IAMME crew member, Olivia “Chachi” Gonzales has recently partnered with HP and Meghan Trainor to create a series of YouTube videos. One of them is a tutorial of Meghan Trainor’s choreography for her music video Lips Are Moving. The moves are simple and perfect for anyone looking to start learning hip hop choreography.

Matt Steffanina is a hip hop faculty member Millennium Dance Complex, one of L.A.’s top dance studios, as well as a weekly instructor for IDA Hollywood.  His credits include dancing for artists such as Chris Brown, , Jermaine Jackson, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes and Tyga. Steffanina also performed on So You Think You Can Dance, and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. His tutorials are conducted as if you were taking one of his master classes. He also faces the mirror when teaching throughout the video. Although this is a small detail it is definitely appreciated as this makes it easier to learn. Check out his tutorial to his choreography set to Fifth Harmony’s Worth It.

World renowned choreographer Ellen Kim has had her fair share of music video appearances such as Justin Bieber’s Beauty and a Beat, and choreographed for popular K-Pop groups such as 2NE1. Lucky for you, she uploaded a tutorial on her most viewed dance video, breaking it down step by step for even newbies to attempt a cover. She is assisted by Crystal Meraz from Academy of Villains and breakout choreographer, Megan Batoon.